Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5, #Russia [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5Nx subtype, wild birds epizootics in Russia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5, Russia
Information received on 27/02/2017 from Dr Evgeny Nepoklonov, Deputy Head, Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance, Ministry of Agriculture, Moscow, Russia
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 17/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 20/02/2017
- Report date 27/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 27/02/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 2017
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - KALININGRADSKAYA OBLAST ( Kaliningrad )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mute Swan:Anatidae (Cygnus olor) - … - 3 - 3 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mute Swan:Anatidae (Cygnus olor) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5Nx ; Wild Birds; Russia.