Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Bosnia and Herzegovina [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Information received on 13/02/2017 from Dr Ljubomir Kalaba, Director, Veterinary Office, Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 11/02/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 11/02/2017
- Report date 13/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 13/02/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 02/2006
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - PRIJEDOR ( Tukovi )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 148 - ** - 99 - 49 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - 66.89% - ** - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5Nx ; Poultry; Bosnia.