Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5, #Macedonia FYR [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Macedonia FYR.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5, Former Yug. Rep. of Macedonia
Information received on 03/02/2017 from Msc Zoran Popovski, Director, Food and Veterinary Agency, Food and Veterinary Agency, Skopje, Former Yug. Rep. of Macedonia
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 13/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 02/02/2017
- Report date 03/02/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 03/02/2017
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - NEGOTINO ( Dzidimirci, Dzidimirci, Negotino )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mallard:Anatidae (Anas platyrhynchos) - … - 2 – 0 – 2 – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mallard:Anatidae (Anas platyrhynchos) - ** - ** - 0.00% - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- On 2nd February, l’influenza A H5 was confirmed with real-time PCR laboratory diagnosis in two wild birds (Anas platyrhynchos) as part of the active surveillance program that is in place in the country.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5Nx ; Wild Birds; Macedonia.