Title: #Cholera in #Yemen, monthly #report.
Subject: Cholera outbreak in Yemen, current epidemiological situation.
Source: World Health Organization (WHO), Office for the Eastern Mediterranean Region, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Cholera in Yemen, monthly report
- A total of 3130 new suspected cholera cases and 0 deaths were reported in Yemen for January 2017.
- The cumulative number of suspected cases of cholera reported since the start of the outbreak in October 2016 is 18 973 cases, including 99 deaths with a case-fatality rate of 0.5%.
- More than one third of the cases were children under the age of 5.
- Of the new cases reported, 11 stool samples were laboratory-confirmed for Vibrio Cholerae 01.
- The trend of suspected cholera cases has been declining over the past few weeks as prevention measures take hold across the country.
- In 2016, the cumulative number of suspected cholera cases was 15 843, including 531 associated deaths, with a case-fatality rate of 0.6%.
Keywords: Cholera; Yemen; WHO; Updates.