Title: #Zika #Global #situation #report, 05 January 2017.
Subject: Zika Virus Infection and related complications, WHO weekly report.
Source: World Health Organization, full page: (LINK). Summary.
Code: [ ]
Zika situation report, 05 January 2017
Zika virus, Microcephaly and Guillain-Barré syndrome: |-- Read the full situation report –|
|-- Download the map png, 945kb –|
- Countries and territories reporting mosquito-borne Zika virus infections for the first time in the past week:
- Countries and territories reporting microcephaly and other central nervous system (CNS) malformations potentially associated with Zika virus infection for the first time in the past week:
- Countries and territories reporting Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) cases associated with Zika virus infection for the first time in the past week:
- This is the last weekly situation report. Going forward, the reports will be published every two weeks. The next report will be issued on 19 January.
- Overall, the global risk assessment has not changed.
- Zika virus continues to spread geographically to areas where competent vectors are present.
- Although a decline in cases of Zika infection has been reported in some countries, or in some parts of countries, vigilance needs to remain high.
Keywords: WHO; Worldwide; Updates; Zika Virus.