Title: S. #Korea, domestic #cats have been confirmed to be infected with #H5N6 #birdflu virus.
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N6 subtype, infection in cats.
Source: South Korea Ministry of Health, full page: (LINK). Article in Korean, edited.
Code: [ ]
Preventive measures against AI infection and human infection according to the AI diagnosis
- One domestic cat (Dec. 25) and one kitten (Dec. 26) found dead in a domestic home in Pocheon, Gyeonggi Province,
- also on Dec. 31 Agriculture, Forestry and Livestock Quarantine Division final confirmed by highly pathogenic H5N6 type AI
- Cat infection confirmed:
- • Dec. 25, 26 - males cat (12.25) and kittens mortality 1 (12.26) discovered on the 12.26 by owners report Gyeonggi remains
- Gyeonggi northern animal health of laboratory test results as a suspected AI viruses send the sample on Dec. 30 to agriculture, forestry and animal husbandry and quarantine office and that fact to the Centers for disease Control and agriculture, forestry and animal husbandry and quarantine office, the sample reception notification
- Dec. 30 Sun. agriculture, forestry and animal husbandry and quarantine office scene investigators arrived dynamics and epidemiology.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Korea, Pocheon Public Health, Public Health Yangzhou joint response
- 12.30 Sun Agriculture, Forestry and Livestock Quarantine Division-type H5N6 AI virus checking
- 12.31 Sun Agriculture, Forestry and Livestock Quarantine Division pathogenic type H5N6 confirmed AI
- (based Action) Agriculture, Forestry and Livestock Quarantine Headquarters and Center for Disease Control is 12.30 days AI infection is suspected cat bodies to check immediately, the following preventive measures in cases enforcing
- and conduct preventative measures, etc. ○ The claimant residence disinfection , reported earlier (kitten 1) disinfection, such as preventative measures for the burial place
- infection epidemiology and other companions of the complainant animals (dogs 2) * while inspection by sampling the animal residence within the quarantine
- mortality the body found two (house cat male one, cub 1) confirmed to 12.31 days pathogenic H5N6 type AI for
- the mortality by two other than our one kittens trapped and one (12.27 days) four (mother, 1, cub 3) receipt of the sample (12.31 days) and during overhaul
- isolated on * 4 is Gyeonggi northern animal Health laboratory (ending one mortality) in isolation
- surrounding roads allows the Gyeonggi ever a cat trapped and overhaul action
- cat grasp the body contact underwent AI human infection prevention measures, such as antiviral medications to
- enforcement contacts investigations by competent public health outcome, cat owners, such as 10 contacts and do the cats take jobs in the region a Gyeonggi animal health laboratory staff two people, including 12 people classification as high risk
- high-risk group was administered the antiviral agent for the classification 12 people, seasonal influenza vaccines occurring 10 days the symptoms of conduct was the maximum incubation period vaccinated against after confirming inoculation being focused to monitor whether
- 12.31 days without someone showing symptoms such as fever, cough, currently 12 people at high risk of sore throat is to
- (Infection of cat H5N6 infection) The CDC has found a cat infected with H5N6 AI in China,
- Case cats from a person infected infected with H5N6 AI has not yet been fewer reported human risk of infection from cats is very low but general public precautions compliance promotion etc. Im planning to conduct human infection prevention measures
- in the United States in 2016 H7N2 AI Veterinarian infected from infected cats is reported
- (details precautions and cooperation) Government AI body to prevent infection should ask them to cooperate with the following deulkkeseo people
- general public are animal mortality, such as self-control, and the wild birds, cats visiting livestock farms or migratory Avoid contact with skin, wash your hands frequently for more than 30 seconds, and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands
- AI high risk, such as occurs farm workers and live disposal operations participant is paying close attention to personal protection wear and personal hygiene,
- the seasonal flu vaccine and thorough vaccination and antiviral drugs, after work involved within 10 days of fever, cough, sore throat, etc. immediately report to the health center or 1339 (Call Center for disease Control) in the event
- livestock farmers are blocking the way cats and farm animals in the wild and prohibit the entry of livestock and companion animals act of giving our bodies as food for animals, including quarantine management
- frequent contact with wild animals or workers - are likely familiar with the AI infection, such as respiratory symptoms on contact precautions and maintain strict compliance cat
- veterinarians, animal protection center, wild animal rescue center manager, etc.
- (AI prevention and prevention of human infection) The government will work closely with the local government to thoroughly prevent AI infection of poultry, and will do its best to prevent human infection.
- really dont do their best to prevent cooperation and relationship municipalities against the sporadic chances of human infection in particular, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has geumbeon H5N6 AI-related risk (farm workers, on-site quarantine personnel, etc.),
- the general public are wild birds And the possibility of human infection is not high because of the low possibility of contact with AI-farmers
- If a suspected patient develops, he / she is immediately ready for isolation from the nationally designated quarantine hospital and initiation of treatment.
Keywords: S. Korea; Updates; H5N6; Cats; Avian Influenza.