Title: Low pathogenic #avian #influenza #H7N3, #Cambodia [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H7N3 subtype, poultry epizootics in Cambodia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry) H7N3, Cambodia
Information received on 27/01/2017 from Dr Sen Sovann, OIE Delegate/Deputy Secretary General , Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries , Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries , Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 12/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 23/01/2017
- Report date 27/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 27/01/2017
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Low pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H7N3
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - KG. THOM ( Trea, Trea, Staung )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 4000 - 3700 - 3700 - 0 - 300
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 92.50% - 92.50% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Origin of ducks: purchased from Takeo province
- Raised at home until two months old, then sent to the field on 6 January 2017
- A few days later, some ducks were not well and the owner sought assistance from a private company
- Vaccination against duck plague was given on 7 January 2017
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H7N3 ; Poultry; Cambodia.