Title: Low pathogenic #avian #influenza #H7, #Chile [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H7 subtype, poultry epizootic in Chile.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry) H7, Chile
Information received on 06/01/2017 from Dr Jose Ignacio Gómez Meza, Jefe de la División de Protección Pecuaria, Servicio Agrícola y Ganadero (SAG), Ministerio de Agricultura, Santiago, Chile
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 26/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 06/01/2017
- Report date 06/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 06/01/2017
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Low pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H7
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 344540 - 5534 - 5534 - 339006 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 1.61% - 1.61% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Stamping out has been applied to the entire susceptible population.
- The Official Veterinary Service of Chile maintains the whole production system under strict official control and additional monitoring and control measures have been implemented in the area adjacent to the outbreak.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H7 ; Poultry; Chile.