Title: Low pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N9, #France [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N9 subtype, poultry epizootics in France.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry) H5N9, France
Information received on 27/01/2017 from Dr Loic Evain, Directeur Général adjoint, CVO, Direction générale de l'alimentation, Ministère de l'Agriculture, de l'Agroalimentaire et de la Forêt, Paris, France
- Report type Follow-up report No. 2
- Date of start of the event 08/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 11/12/2016
- Report date 27/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 27/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Low pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N9
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 7880 - ** – … – 7880 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost
- Birds - ** - ** - ** - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- A regulated 1 km radius zone has been established around the outbreaks.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N9 ; Poultry; France.