Title: Low pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N3, #Germany [three #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N3 subtype, poultry epizootics in Germany.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry) H5N3, Germany
Information received on 24/01/2017 from Dr. Karin Schwabenbauer, Ministerial Dirigentin and Chief Veterinary Officer , Directorate of Animal Health, Animal Welfare, Bundesministerium für Ernährung und Landwirtschaft (BMEL) , Bonn, Germany
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 22/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 11/01/2017
- Report date 24/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 24/01/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 2014
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Low pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N3
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 3
- Outbreak Location:
- NORDRHEIN-WESTFALEN ( Bielefeld, Bielefeld )
- SACHSEN-ANHALT ( Naumburg, Burgenlandkreis )
- RHEINLAND-PFALZ ( Wörth am See, Germersheim )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 709 - 28 - … - 14 - …
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 3.95% - ** - ** - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- No poultry or poultry products has been moved to other EU Member States or third countries.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N3 ; Poultry; Germany.