Title: Low pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #France [#poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in France.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry) H5N1, France
Information received on 10/01/2017 from Dr Loic Evain, Directeur Général adjoint, CVO, Direction générale de l'alimentation, Ministère de l'Agriculture, de l'Agroalimentaire et de la Forêt, Paris, France
- Report type Follow-up report No. 6
- Date of start of the event 06/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 08/12/2016
- Report date 10/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 10/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Low pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 4670 - ** – … – 4670 – …
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - ** - ** - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- A restricted zone of a one-kilometre radius was implemented around the outbreak.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; France.