Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #France [thirty #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in France.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, France
Information received on 20/01/2017 from Dr Loic Evain, Directeur Général adjoint, CVO, Direction générale de l'alimentation, Ministère de l'Agriculture, de l'Agroalimentaire et de la Forêt, Paris, France
- Report type Follow-up report No. 19
- Date of start of the event 25/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 01/12/2016
- Report date 20/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 20/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 30
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 165853 - 285 ** - 574 - 160095 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - ** - ** - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; France.