Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Czech Republic [two #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Czech Republic.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Czech Republic
Information received on 05/01/2017 from Dr Zbyněk Semerád, Director General, State Veterinary Administration, Veterinary Administration, Prague, Czech Republic
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 04/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 04/01/2017
- Report date 05/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 05/01/2017
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 106 - 30 - 30 - 76 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 28.30% - 28.30% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
- Epidemiological comments
- The affected population in one of the outbreaks was 73 laying hens, three geese, six ducks, three guinea fowls and one turkey.
- The affected population in the other outbreak was 20 turkeys, all dead.
- Both outbreaks are backyard holdings in contact with water wild birds.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Czech Republic.