Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Finland [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Finland.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Finland
Information received on 10/01/2017 from Dr Taina Aaltonen, Chief Veterinary Officer and Deputy Director General, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Helsinki, Finland
- Report type Follow-up report No. 6
- Date of start of the event 12/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 25/11/2016
- Report date 09/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 10/01/2017
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- White-tailed Eagle:Haliaeetus albicilla(Accipitridae) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Tufted Duck:Aythya fuligula(Anatidae) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- White-tailed Eagle:Haliaeetus albicilla(Accipitridae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- Tufted Duck:Aythya fuligula(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Finland.