Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #China [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in China.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, China (People's Rep. of)
Information received on 18/01/2017 from Dr Zhang Zhongqui, Director General , China Animal Disease Control Centre, Veterinary Bureau, Ministry of Agriculture, Beijing, China (People's Rep. of)
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 01/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 16/01/2017
- Report date 18/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 18/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - HUBEI ( Wuhan )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Black Swan:Anatidae (Cygnus atratus) - 314 - 99 - 99 - 215 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Black Swan:Anatidae (Cygnus atratus) - 31.53% - 31.53% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Local poultry was visited, no abnormal event was found.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; China; Hubei.