Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #India [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in India.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, India
Information received on 17/01/2017 from Mr Devendra Chaudhry, Secretary, Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, New Delhi, India
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 05/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 16/12/2016
- Report date 17/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 17/01/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - GUJARAT ( Wadhawana Lake, Dabhol, Vadodara )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Greylag Goose:Anatidae (Anser anser) - … - 2 - 2 – 0 – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Greylag Goose:Anatidae (Anser anser) – ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; India; Gujarat.