Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Macedonia FYR [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Macedonia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Macedonia FYR
Information received on 30/01/2017 from Msc Zoran Popovski, Director, Food and Veterinary Agency, Food and Veterinary Agency, Skopje, Former Yug. Rep. of Macedonia
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 20/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 28/01/2017
- Report date 30/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 30/01/2017
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - STRUGA ( Farm, Moroista, Struga )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 438 - 3 - 3 - 125 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 0.68% - 0.68% - 100.00% - 29.22%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Macedonia.