Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Poland [twelve #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Poland.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Poland
Information received on 09/01/2017 from Dr Krzysztof Jazdzewski, Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, General Veterinary Inspectorate, VARSOVIE, Poland
- Report type Follow-up report No. 11
- Date of start of the event 28/10/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 05/11/2016
- Report date 09/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 09/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 12
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 152845 - 12994 - 12994 - 139851 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 8.50% - 8.50% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Poland.