Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Ukraine [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Ukraine.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N8, Ukraine
Information received on 18/01/2017 from Dr Olga Shevchenko, Head of Directorate fot International Cooperation, Directorate fot International Cooperation, State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection, Kiev, Ukraine
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1
- Date of start of the event 01/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 02/01/2017
- Report date 18/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 18/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) - … - 21 - 21 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Ukraine.