Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #India [twenty-three #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in India.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, India
Information received on 12/01/2017 from Mr Devendra Chaudhry, Secretary, Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, New Delhi, India
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1
- Date of start of the event 19/10/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 24/10/2016
- Report date 12/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 12/01/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 05/09/2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 23
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 714090 - 66571 - 66571 - 647519 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 9.32% - 9.32% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8; Poultry; India.