Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Ukraine [two #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Ukraine.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Ukraine
Information received on 12/01/2017 from Dr Olga Shevchenko, Head of Directorate fot International Cooperation, Directorate fot International Cooperation, State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection, Kiev, Ukraine
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 03/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 04/01/2017
- Report date 12/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 12/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Outbreak Location:
- ODESSA ( Myrne, Kiliyskiy )
- CHERNOVTSY ( Chortoryia, Kitsmanskiy )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed – Slaughtered
- Birds - 10288 - 1113 - 1113 - 9175 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 10.82% - 10.82% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- As part of the surveillance within the protection zone established due to previous outbreak in wild birds clinical signs were discovered. Quarantine measures in protection and surveillance zones are ongoing.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Ukraine.