Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Iran [five #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Iran.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Iran
Information received on 09/01/2017 from Dr Mehdi Khalaj, Head of IVO, Iran Veterinary Organization (IVO), Iran Veterinary Organization, Ministry of Jihad-e-Agriculture, Tehran, Iran
- Report type Follow-up report No. 4
- Date of start of the event 14/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 19/11/2016
- Report date 07/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 09/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to the whole country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 5
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 169522 - 46052 - 3069 - 166453 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 27.17% - 1.81% - 6.66% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- 1 - These new outbreaks were detected under the ongoing avian influenza surveillance program.
- 2 - A post outbreak investigation to trace the source of infection is ongoing to detect the probable spread and circulation of this subtype.
- 3 - Active surveillance is ongoing.
- 4 - To reduce at risk poultry population, 1,862,150 birds at farms in a 3 km radius around the affected farms or villages have been slaughtered after confirming to be negative for HPAI.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Iran.