Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Croatia [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry and wild birds epizootics in Croatia.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Croatia
Information received on 16/01/2017 from Dr Tomislav Kiš, Assistant to Minister, Veterinary and Food Safety Directorate, Ministry of Agriculture, Zagreb, Croatia
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1
- Date of start of the event 27/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 03/01/2017
- Report date 16/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 16/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 927 - 40 - 40 - … – …
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 4.31% - 4.31% - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Implementation of the disease control measures according to the Directive 2005/94/EC is ongoing.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Croatia.