Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Sweden [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Sweden.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Sweden
Information received on 09/01/2017 from Dr Ingrid Eilertz, Chief Veterinary Officer Director and Head, Swedish Board of Agriculture Department for Animal Welfare and Health, Ministry for Rural Affairs, Jönköping, Sweden
- Report type Follow-up report No. 5
- Date of start of the event 14/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 23/11/2016
- Report date 09/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 09/01/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 05/03/2015
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- White-tailed Eagle:Haliaeetus albicilla(Accipitridae) - … – 2 - 2 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- White-tailed Eagle:Haliaeetus albicilla(Accipitridae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- All reported wild birds were sent to the National Veterinary Institute for analysis as part of the routine surveillance of avian influenza.
- Weekly follow-up reports on wild birds will only be sent if new cases are detected.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Wild Birds; Sweden.