Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Greece [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Greece.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Greece
Information received on 17/01/2017 from Mr Spiros Doudounakis, Director, Animal Health Directorate, Directorate General of Veterinary Services / Animal Health Directorare , Ministry of Rural Development and Food , ATHENS, Greece
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 07/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 12/01/2017
- Report date 17/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 17/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - PELOPONNISOS ( MILIA AREA, MUNICIPALITY OF TRIPOLI, ARKADIA PREFECTURE )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 28000 - 28000 - 0 - 28000 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 100.00% - 0.00% - 0.00% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Greece.