Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Italy [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootic in Italy.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry and wild birds) H5N8, Italy
Information received on 11/01/2017 from Prof. Dr. Romano Marabelli, Chief Veterinary Officer, Secretary General, Ministry of Health, Rome, Italy
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 03/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 05/01/2017
- Report date 11/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 11/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - FRIULI-VENEZIA GIULIA ( Grado, GORIZIA )
- Total animals affected: Species – Susceptible – Cases – Deaths – Destroyed – Slaughtered
- Eurasian Wigeon:Anatidae (Anas penelope) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Eurasian Wigeon:Anatidae (Anas penelope) – ** – ** - 100.00% – **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
Keywords: OIE; Updates; H5N8; Avian Influenza; Italy; Wild Birds.