Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Israel [three #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Israel.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Israel
Information received on 23/01/2017 from Dr Nadav Galon, Director, Veterinary Services and Animal Health, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, BET DAGAN, Israel
- Report type Follow-up report No. 4
- Date of start of the event 09/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 13/11/2016
- Report date 23/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 23/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 3
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 96000 - ** - 1400 - 94600 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - ** - 1.46% - ** - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
- Epidemiological comments
- The farms are on the way of migrating birds flying from Europe to Africa.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Israel.