Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N6, #Japan [subtype confimation].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N6 subtype, poultry epizootics in Japan.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N6, Japan
Information received on 10/01/2017 from Dr Kazuo Ito, Director, International Animal Health Affairs Office, Animal Health Division, Food Safety and Consumer Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Tokyo, Japan
- Report type Follow-up report No. 4
- Date of start of the event 28/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 28/11/2016
- Report date 10/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 10/01/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 17/02/2015
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N6
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- There are no new outbreaks in this report
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Outbreak 5 (Hokkaido, Shimizu-cho) – follow up information of the previous reports
- On 10 January 2017 shipment restrictions were lifted as there were not any positive results of the tests conducted after control measures had been completed.
- Outbreak 6 (Miyazaki, Kawaminami-cho) – follow up information of the previous reports
- On 5 January 2017 shipment restrictions were lifted as there were not any positive results of the tests conducted after control measures had been completed.
- Outbreak 7 (Kumamoto, Nankan-machi) – follow up information of the previous reports
- On 28 December 2016, destruction of all the susceptible birds in the affected farm and control measures including disinfection of the affected premises were completed.
- N-type was identified as N6 by NIAH on the same day.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N6 ; Poultry; Japan.