Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N5, #Germany [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N5 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Germany.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N5, Germany
Information received on 24/01/2017 from Dr. Karin Schwabenbauer, Ministerial Dirigentin and Chief Veterinary Officer , Directorate of Animal Health, Animal Welfare, Bundesministerium für Ernährung und Landwirtschaft (BMEL) , Bonn, Germany
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 23/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 23/01/2017
- Report date 24/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 24/01/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N5
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN ( Dithmarschen, Dithmarschen )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed – Slaughtered
- Anatidae (unidentified):Anatidae (Anatidae (incognita)) - … – 1 - 1 – 0 – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Anatidae (unidentified):Anatidae (Anatidae (incognita)) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N5 ; Wild Birds; Germany.