Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N5, #Italy [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N5 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Italy.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry and wild birds), H5N5, Italy
Information received on 30/12/2016 from Prof. Dr. Romano Marabelli, Chief Veterinary Officer, Secretary General, Ministry of Health, Rome, Italy
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 29/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 30/12/2016
- Report date 30/12/2016
- Date submitted to OIE 30/12/2016
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N5
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Eurasian Wigeon:Anas penelope(Anatidae) - … – 1 - 1 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Eurasian Wigeon:Anas penelope(Anatidae) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Contact with wild species
- Epidemiological comments
- The positivity regards a wild bird of a group of 3 found dead, in proximity of a natural reserve.
- Diagnostic test have been carried out only in one bird because of the conditions of the other two.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N5 ; Wild Birds; Italy.