Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Bangladesh [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry and wild birds epizootics in Bangladesh.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5N1, Bangladesh
Information received on 21/01/2017 from Dr H.B.M Golam Mahmud, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Director, Livestock Research Institute, Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 15/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 18/01/2017
- Report date 21/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 21/01/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 04/02/2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - RAJSHAHI ( Rajshashi Medical College Campus, Sadar, Rajshahi, Rajshahi )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- House Crow:Corvidae (Corvus splendens) - … - 17 - 17 - 0 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- House Crow:Corvidae (Corvus splendens) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- The surveillance is continuing in the affected premises and adjacent poultry farms.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Wild Birds; Bangladesh.