Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Niger [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in Niger.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, Niger
Information received on 19/01/2017 from Dr Ibrahim Bangana, Directeur Général, Services Vétérinaires, Services Vétérinaires, Niamey, Niger
- Report type Follow-up report No. 2
- Date of start of the event 21/02/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 26/05/2016
- Report date 19/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 19/01/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 2015
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 22 - 14 - 14 - 0 - 8
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 63.64% - 63.64% - 100.00% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Introduction of new live animals
- Fomites (humans, vehicles, feed, etc.)
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Niger.