Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #Bangladesh [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in Bangladesh.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, Bangladesh
Information received on 21/01/2017 from Dr H.B.M Golam Mahmud, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Director, Livestock Research Institute, Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 15/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 16/01/2017
- Report date 21/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 21/01/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 04/02/2016
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - DHAKA ( SS Agro Complex, Burokoi, Kulla, Dhamrai, Dhaka )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 3000 - 3000 - 732 - 2268 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 100.00% - 24.40% - 24.40% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Surveillance and monitoring in the infected farm is continuing.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Bangladesh.