Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5, #Kazakhstan [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Kazakhstan.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic influenza A viruses (infection with) (non-poultry including wild birds) H5, Kazakhstan
Information received on 20/01/2017 from Dr Samat Tyulegenov, Director General, RSE "National Reference Center for Veterinary", Ministry of Agriculture, ASTANA, Kazakhstan
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 16/01/2017
- Date of confirmation of the event 19/01/2017
- Report date 20/01/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 20/01/2017
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 05/2015
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic influenza A virus
- Serotype H5
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - MANGYSHLAK ( Aktau city, 14 )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Anatidae (unidentified):Anatidae (Anatidae (incognita)) - … - 2 - 2 – 0 – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Anatidae (unidentified):Anatidae (Anatidae (incognita)) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- Dead swans were found by the sea, laboratory analysis by PCR have shown highly pathogenic A influenza virus.
- There are seven other migratory birds which are currently monitored; they are not showing any clinical signs of the disease.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5; Wild Birds; Kazakhstan.