Title: China, Shandong: a human case of H7N9 influenza confirmed in Qingdao.
Subject: Avian Influenza, H7N9 subtype, human case in Shandong province of China.
Source: Local Media, full page: (LINK). Article in Chinese, edited.
Code: [ ]
Qingdao diagnosed a case of H7N9 influenza
Today, Huangdao District, Qingdao diagnosed a case of H7N9 influenza.
The patient is a 59 years old male. At present, experts are trying to cure. Qingdao Wei Commission quickly organized epidemiological investigation, laboratory testing and emergency monitoring of the epidemic, close contacts to carry out tracking and medical observation, the contaminated sites, items disinfected.
Spring Festival is approaching, for the current epidemic season of winter and spring infectious diseases, the Shandong Provincial Health Commission experts reminded the broad masses of people in daily life should pay attention to the following matters:
- Avoid direct contact with live birds, birds or their droppings.
- Do not buy live poultry slaughtered, do not touch, do not eat sick (dead) poultry, livestock, do not buy without quarantine certificates of fresh, live and frozen poultry and their products.
- Meat and eggs, etc. must be cooked thoroughly.
- In the food processing, food process, be sure to separate raw and cooked, handling poultry, meat, the case board, knives and containers can not be used for cooked food.
- Healthy lifestyle is very important to prevent this disease. Usually should strengthen physical exercise, to avoid over exertion; wash their hands, sneezing or coughing cover your nose and mouth.
- If fever and respiratory symptoms, treatment as soon as possible, and remember to tell the doctor before the onset of travel with or without contact with poultry history.
Keywords: China; Shandong; H7N9; Avian Influenza; Human.