Title: Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza, H5N8, Italy: one new #poultry #outbreak recorded in Venice region.
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Italy.
Source: Avian Influenza National Reference Laboratory, Padua, Italy, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
2016/2017 – H5N5, H5N8
- On 23 January 2017, a second outbreak of HPAI subtype H5N8 was confirmed in a fattening turkeys farm located near Venice lagoon in Venice province (Veneto region).
- At the time of the epidemiological inquiry (24/01/2017), 22.300 male turkeys of 113 days old were present in the farm.
- The birds showed neurological symptoms and increased mortality in two out of the 6 sheds present.
- This farm is part of a national poultry Company.
- Local veterinary services have immediately impounded the farm and control measures were implemented as provided by the current legislation.
- The culling of the birds present on the premises under official supervision is programmed to start on Thursday afternoon, once the culling procedures are concluded on the first outbreak in the province of Mira
Keywords: Avian Influenza; H5N8; Italy; Updates; Poultry.