Title: Low pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #France [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in France.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Low pathogenic avian influenza H5N8,France
Information received on 23/12/2016 from Dr Loic Evain, Directeur Général adjoint, CVO, Direction générale de l'alimentation, Ministère de l'Agriculture, de l'Agroalimentaire et de la Forêt, Paris, France
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 18/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 20/12/2016
- Report date 23/12/2016
- Date submitted to OIE 23/12/2016
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - LANDES ( MIRAMONT SENSACQ, MIRAMONT SENSACQ )
- Total animals affected: Species – Susceptible – Cases – Deaths – Destroyed – Slaughtered
- Birds - 1700 - ** - 0 - 1700 - …
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds – ** – ** – ** – **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- A one-kilometer regulated zone was implemented around the outbreak.
- Control measures
- Measures applied
- Disinfection / Disinfestation
- Vaccination permitted (if a vaccine exists)
- No treatment of affected animals
- Measures to be applied
- No other measures
- Diagnostic test results
- Laboratory name and type - Reference National Laboratory, Ploufragan ( National laboratory )
- Tests and results: Species – Test - Test date – Result
- Birds - nucleotide sequencing - 20/12/2016 – Positive
- Birds - real-time reverse transcriptase/polymerase chain reaction (RRT-PCR) - 20/12/2016 – Positive
- Future Reporting
- The event is continuing. Weekly follow-up reports will be submitted.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; H5N8; Avian Influenza; Poultry; France.