Title: Low pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #France [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootic in France.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry) H5N1, France
Information received on 09/12/2016 from Dr Loic Evain, Directeur Général adjoint, CVO, Direction générale de l'alimentation, Ministère de l'Agriculture, de l'Agroalimentaire et de la Forêt, Paris, France
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 06/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 08/12/2016
- Report date 09/12/2016
- Date submitted to OIE 09/12/2016
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Low pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks (1)
- Outbreak 1 (1) - PALLANNE, PALLANNE, GERS
- Date of start of the outbreak 06/12/2016
- Outbreak status Resolved (08/12/2016)
- Epidemiological unit Farm
- Affected animals: Species – Susceptible – Cases – Deaths – Destroyed – Slaughtered
- Birds – 1000 – … – 0 – 1000 – 0
- Affected population: The samples taken in the framework of the surveillance of the protection zone around the outbreak in Monlezun (separate administration of H5N8 outbreaks notified), in a farm with 1.000 ducks, revealed the presence of low pathogenic H5N1 virus.
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species – Susceptible – Cases – Deaths – Destroyed – Slaughtered
- Birds – 1000 – ** – 0 – 1000 – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds – ** - 0.00% – ** - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- A regulated zone of a one-kilometer radius was implemented around the outbreak.
- Control measures
- Measures applied
- Disinfection / Disinfestation
- Stamping out
- Vaccination permitted (if a vaccine exists)
- No treatment of affected animals
- Measures to be applied
- No other measures
- Diagnostic test results
- Laboratory name and type – Species – Test - Test date – Result
- ANSES National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza, Ploufragan (National laboratory) – Birds - nucleotide sequencing - 08/12/2016 – Positive
- ANSES National Reference Laboratory for Avian Influenza, Ploufragan (National laboratory) – Birds - real-time reverse transcriptase/polymerase chain reaction (RRT-PCR) - 08/12/2016 – Positive
- Future Reporting
- The event is continuing. Weekly follow-up reports will be submitted.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; H5N1; Avian Influenza; Poultry; France.