Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Greece [infected #Wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, wild birds epizootics in Greece.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Greece
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 14/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 19/12/2016
- Report date 23/12/2016
- Date submitted to OIE 23/12/2016
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Influenza A virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to the whole country
- New outbreaks (1)
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species – Susceptible – Cases – Deaths – Destroyed – Slaughtered
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) – … – 1 – 1 – 0 – 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate -
Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Mute Swan:Cygnus olor(Anatidae) – ** – ** - 100.00% – **
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- **Not calculated because of missing information
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N ; Wild Birds; Greece.