Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N6, #China [a #poultry #outbreak, #Sichuan].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N6 subtype, poultry epizootics in China.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N6, China (People's Rep. of)
Information received on 28/12/2016 from Dr Zhang Zhongqui, Director General , China Animal Disease Control Centre, Veterinary Bureau, Ministry of Agriculture, Beijing, China (People's Rep. of)
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 07/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 12/12/2016
- Report date 28/12/2016
- Date submitted to OIE 28/12/2016
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 05/2014
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N6
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - SICHUAN ( Deyang, Mian Zhu )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 49000 - 13000 - 11000 - 38000 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 26.53% - 22.45% - 84.62% - 100.00%
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N6 ; Poultry; China; Sichuan.