Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N5, #Montenegro [infected #wildbirds].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N5 subtype, wild birds epizootic in Montenegro.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N5, Montenegro
Information received on 22/12/2016 from Dr Vesna Dakovic, Acting Director, Administration for Food Safety, Veterinary and Phitosanitary Affairs, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, PODGORICA, Montenegro
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 12/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 19/12/2016
- Report date 22/12/2016
- Date submitted to OIE 22/12/2016
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N5
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - PODGORICA ( Plavnica )
- Total animals affected: Species – Susceptible – Cases – Deaths – Destroyed – Slaughtered
- Common Teal:Anatidae (Anas crecca) - … - 1 - 0 - 1 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Common Teal:Anatidae (Anas crecca) – ** – ** - 0.00% – **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- The case was discovered within the program of active monitoring of wild birds, without clinical signs.
- Control measures
- Measures applied
- Surveillance within containment and/or protection zone
- Control of wildlife reservoirs
- Vaccination prohibited
- No treatment of affected animals
- Measures to be applied
- No other measures
- Diagnostic test results
- Laboratory name and type - Diagnostic Veterinary Laboratory in Podgorica ( National laboratory )
- Tests and results: Species – Test - Test date – Result
- Common Teal - real-time reverse transcriptase/polymerase chain reaction (RRT-PCR) - 19/12/2016 – Positive
- Future Reporting
- The event is continuing. Weekly follow-up reports will be submitted.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; H5N5; Avian Influenza; Wild Birds; Montenegro.