Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N1, #India [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N1 subtype, poultry epizootics in India.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ][ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, India
Information received on 27/12/2016 from Mr Devendra Chaudhry, Secretary, Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, New Delhi, India
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 19/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 25/12/2016
- Report date 27/12/2016
- Date submitted to OIE 28/12/2016
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 02/2014
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N1
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 2
- Outbreak Location - ORISSA ( Keranga, Keranga, Khordha Keranga, Keranga, Khordha )
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 2242 - 19 - 19 - … – …
- Corvidae (unidentified):Corvidae (Corvidae (incognita)) – … - 23 - 23 - … – …
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 0.85% - 0.85% - 100.00% - **
- Corvidae (unidentified):Corvidae (Corvidae (incognita)) - ** - ** - 100.00% - **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- ** Not calculated because of missing information;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- The control measures mentioned apply only to domestic species.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N1 ; Poultry; Wild Birds; India.