Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5, #Bulgaria [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5 subtype, poultry epizootics in Bulgaria.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK). Excerpts.
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5, Bulgaria
Information received on 28/12/2016 from Dr Damyan Iliev, Chief Veterinary Officer & Deputy Executive Director, Bulgarian Food Safety Agency, Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Report type Follow-up report No. 1
- Date of start of the event 19/12/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 19/12/2016
- Report date 28/12/2016
- Date submitted to OIE 28/12/2016
- Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Destroyed - Slaughtered
- Birds - 4344 - 456 - 456 - 3886 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 10.50% - 10.50% - 100.00% - 99.95%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5; Poultry; Bulgaria.