Title: Low pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N2, #Germany [a #poultry #outbreak].
Subject: Avian Influenza; H5N2 subtype, low pathogenic; epizootic in poultry, Germany.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Low pathogenic avian influenza (poultry) H5N2, Germany
Information received on 23/11/2016 from Dr. Karin Schwabenbauer, Ministerial Dirigentin and Chief Veterinary Officer , Directorate of Animal Health, Animal Welfare, Bundesministerium für Ernährung und Landwirtschaft (BMEL) , Bonn, Germany
- Report type Immediate notification
- Date of start of the event 18/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 18/11/2016
- Report date 23/11/2016
- Date submitted to OIE 23/11/2016
- Reason for notification Reoccurrence of a listed disease
- Date of previous occurrence 11/2010
- Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
- Causal agent Low pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N2
- Nature of diagnosis Clinical, Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
- This event pertains to the whole country
- New outbreaks
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 1
- Outbreak Location - MECKLENBURG-VORPOMMERN ( Mesekenhagen, Vorpommern-Greifswald )
- Total animals affected: Species – Susceptible – Cases – Deaths – Destroyed – Slaughtered
- Birds - 55 - 1 - 0 - 54
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 1.82% - 0.00% - 0.00% – **
- * Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter;
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
- Epidemiological comments
- All poultry have been culled and safely disposed.
- No poultry or poultry products have been dispatched.
- Low pathogenic avian influenza outbreaks are not connected to highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreaks recently notified in Germany.
- Control measures
- Measures applied
- Movement control inside the country
- Disinfection / Disinfestation
- Surveillance outside containment and/or protection zone
- Stamping out
- Official destruction of animal products
- Official disposal of carcasses, by-products and waste
- Surveillance within containment and/or protection zone
- Control of wildlife reservoirs
- Vaccination prohibited
- No treatment of affected animals
- Measures to be applied
- No other measures
- Diagnostic test results
- Laboratory name and type - Friedrich-Loeffler Institute ( National laboratory )
- Tests and results: Species – Test - Test date – Result
- Birds - real-time PCR - 18/11/2016 – Positive
- Future Reporting
- The event is continuing. Weekly follow-up reports will be submitted.
Keywords: OIE; Updates; H5N2; Avian Influenza; Poultry; Germany.