Title: #Global #Zika #situation #report, 17 November 2016.
Subject: Zika Virus Infection and related complications, weekly global surveillance update.
Source: World Health Organization (WHO), full page: (LINK). Summary.
Code: [ ]
Zika situation report, 17 November 2016
Zika virus, Microcephaly and Guillain-Barré syndrome: |-- Read the full situation report –|
- |-- Download the map png, 669kb –|
- |-- List of countries and territories reporting mosquito-borne Zika virus transmission (Table 1.) pdf, 396kb –|
- Countries and territories reporting mosquito-borne Zika virus infections for the first time in the past week:
- Countries and territories reporting microcephaly and other central nervous system (CNS) malformations potentially associated with Zika virus infection for the first time in the past week:
- Argentina and
- Countries and territories reporting Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) cases associated with Zika virus infection for the first time in the past week:
- The fifth meeting of the Emergency Committee on Zika virus, microcephaly other neurological disorders will be convened on 18 November 2016.
- The Emergency Committee will review the implementation and impact of earlier recommendations, provide advice on whether the current event still constitutes a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, and determine if new recommendations are needed or existing recommendations require revision.
- Overall, the global risk assessment has not changed.
- Zika virus continues to spread geographically to areas where competent vectors are present.
- Although a decline in cases of Zika infection has been reported in some countries, or in some parts of countries, vigilance needs to remain high.
Keywords: WHO; Worldwide; Zika Virus; Updates.