Title: Highly pathogenic #avian #influenza #H5N8, #Egypt [six #poultry #outbreaks].
Subject: Avian Influenza, H5N8 subtype, poultry epizootics in Egypt.
Source: OIE, full page: (LINK).
Code: [ ]
Highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N8, Egypt
Information received on 22/05/2017 from Dr Ibrahim Mahrous Saleh Mohamed, Chairman, General Organization for Veterinary Services (GOVS), Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation, Cairo, Egypt
- Report type Follow-up report No. 4
- Date of start of the event 24/11/2016
- Date of confirmation of the event 26/11/2016
- Report date 22/05/2017
- Date submitted to OIE 22/05/2017
- Reason for notification New strain of a listed disease in the country
- Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- Serotype H5N8
- Nature of diagnosis Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced)
- This event pertains to a defined zone within the country
- Summary of outbreaks
- Total outbreaks: 6
- Total animals affected: Species - Susceptible - Cases - Deaths - Killed and disposed of - Slaughtered
- Birds - 1344 - 203 - 129 - 1215 - 0
- Outbreak statistics: Species - Apparent morbidity rate - Apparent mortality rate - Apparent case fatality rate - Proportion susceptible animals lost*
- Birds - 15.10% - 9.60% - 63.55% - 100.00%
- *Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter
- Source of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection
- Unknown or inconclusive
Keywords: OIE; Updates; Avian Influenza; H5N8 ; Poultry; Egypt.